- They are all grown up and do not need or want our suggestions on their essays or where to apply or attend college. Plus, as family members, we have zero credibility and even less objectivity where this sensitive subject is concerned. It is extremely helpful to have an outside, objective expert from whom your student more willingly takes suggestions.
- The college search process is becoming more and more competitive with the emphasis in national education policy on all students being college ready and taking ACT or SAT as measures of student performance. It’s only going to become more competitive. You need this little edge.
- No matter how much you think you know about the college and scholarship application process, there is always more to learn and it is ever changing.
- No matter how much you think your student (child) is going to do to follow up on this, they will need some reminders, some encouragement, some suggestions. If said reminders come from parents, they may be deleted from the email or text messages. Please don’t try to talk to them about college. They need their independence at this time.
- Did I mention yet, that since the kids are now grown adults, we now know nothing or next to nothing about everything?
The college decision, search process and scholarship process is such a high stakes process. The rest of a young person’s life can be contingent upon their success in this process. There is so much riding on this. Your College Your Way™ is the perfect way and the perfect support for this process to ensure success for your young person." ~Connie, Parent
"I wanted to really thank you for all your help with B. You are a wonderful mentor for her and you provided amazing support in so many ways! I am very grateful we met you and your services you offer! B has accepted to Winona State and talking with her potential roommate! She is looking a tiny bit more forward to college due to all the support she has had from you and her teachers. Thank you and You definitely "Go Make a Difference" everyday!" ~Kerrie, Parent
"Even though San Francisco has as many college advisors as attorneys, I chose Lessa Scherrer for her common sense approach to the college selection process. Due to her work with Mensa, she is uniquely qualified to understand the needs of the underperforming gifted student and knows a lot about special college programs and accommodations for kids with learning differences like ADD.
But the most important part is how well she gets along with the kids. My daughter flat-out refused to talk to me about applying to colleges, much less a stranger I had hired to “handle” her. Within an hour, Lessa had her interested and willing to chat. That talk went on for three hours. Now my daughter asks if she can contact Lessa with questions!
Hiring Lessa Scherrer will make your child’s college application process so much easier for them and for you." ~Maria, Parent
"My son and I were admittedly both a little overwhelmed with the prospect of his writing three essays for an early decision college application. Lessa really helped him first to brainstorm and then outline exactly what he wanted to say. She later gave my son valuable feedback on his essays, and in a timely manner when he was approaching submission deadline. With Lessa's aid, he was admitted to a selective liberal arts college which was his first choice. Thanks, Lessa!" ~Christine, Parent
Just want to say Lessa was very helpful to my daughter and myself navigating the murky waters of colleges and scholarships. Plus, she has been willing to answer any questions I have had during the process. Well worth it!" ~Jim, Parent
I got my first decision this past weekend...and I got into UC Berkeley's school of engineering!! I love UC Berkeley and I'm so excited!! I was SHOCKED to have received a decision from them so early. I feel so relieved now." ~T., student