College Admission Planning
8th and 9th grade
Planning Ahead for a Strong Application
- Create a four-year plan for high school classes that keep your student on track while allowing him or her to explore their interests.
- Learn what makes a student attractive for college admissions (Hint: It’s not well-roundedness!)
- Explore your interests, strengths and weaknesses and begin to find your purpose with our college and career assessments
- Design a social media profile that works for you, not against you.
- Simple record-keeping tricks and forms that make completing applications so much easier.
- Get in the scholarship search habit.
- Master study skills and test anxiety techniques to increase gpa and test scores
Looking Forward and Looking Back
All of the above, plus:
- Standardized test strategy.
- Making an impact in your school and community.
- Creating a resume and interview with impact.
- Identifying the colleges that fit you academically, socially and financially.
- Make campus visits count.
|8th and 9th Grade||10th Grade||11th Grade||12th Grade|
|High School Plan/GPA||X||X||X||-|
|College and Career Assessments||X||X||X||-|